About this course
The HELP CAT Diploma in Accountancy is an exciting programme offering students a solid accountancy education that allows pathways to internationally recognised accountancy qualifications. Students wishing to become a Chartered Accountant are encouraged to study this diploma course that offers 6 exemptions for the world-renowned ACCA programme. In addition, graduates may articulate into ‘Honours’ degree programmes in accountancy and/or finance from selected British universities. This Diploma gives school leavers a head start towards an accountancy qualification and career, a profession that is very much sought after worldwide. Students take a wide selection of subjects, namely, accounting, finance, management accounting, management, and business strategies. Equipped with the best teaching resources and facilities, HELP CAT provides students the most comprehensive accountancy education to meet the challenges in their professional examinations.
Study Mode: Full Time
Assessment: Coursework and Examination
Awarding Institution: HELP College of Arts and Technology (HELP CAT)
Total Course Fees
- Accounting I
- English Writing Skills
- Pengajian Malaysia/ Bahasa Komunikasi 2
- Accounting II
- Business Mathematics
- Human Resource Management
- Introduction to Entrepreneurial Behaviour
- Fundamentals of Cost & Management Accounting
- Accounting III
- Statistics For Business
- Business Communication
- Business Law
- Comparative Religion
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Audit I
- Accounting IV
- Finance I
- Principles Of Taxation
- Accounting for Management Controls
- Company Law
- Community Services
- Audit II
- Accounting V
- Business Taxation
- Accounting For Decisions
- Accounting Information System
- Finance II
Coursework and Examination
Diploma in Accountancy students will be required to undergo a 12 weeks’ internship or industrial training in establishments in Malaysia. The credit value of this internship is 6 credits and is graded as part of the curriculum of the Diploma programme.
The objectives of internships are:
- Provide opportunities for students to apply theory to practical work situations.
- Acquire knowledge, skills and techniques directly applicable to their careers of choice.
- Develop attitudes and aptitudes conducive to effective interpersonal relationships.
- Understand formal and informal organization functions, activities and their interrelationships.
- Encourage the development of a critical mind that enhances the analysis and synthesis of data for problem-solving and objective judgement of persons and situations.
- Enhance student employability and, in the process, build better links between HELP CAT, and the corporate, business and industrial sectors.
Applicants must have one of the following entry requirements:
- SPM / UEC /O-Levels
Minimum of 3 credits (with a pass in BM, History, and Mathematics)
Why Business @ HELPCAT?
- Largest academic facility at HELP University
- Qualified and remarkable lecturers
- Industry advisory board